The Centre for Probe Development and Commercialization (CPDC) is dedicated to fostering the development, translation, and commercialization of molecular imaging probes and associated technologies. The Centre is seeking outstanding applicants for a Production Technologist.
Under the direction of the Radiopharmacy Manager, the Production Technologist will be responsible for the manufacturing of radiopharmaceuticals. These activities will include but are not limited to:
- Daily production of radiopharmaceuticals including dispensing and shipping of doses
- Regular production of other non-radioactive drug products and ancillary components
- Preparation of process materials for the production of radiopharmaceuticals, under clean room and aseptic
- manufacturing conditions
- Responsible for the operation of the automated synthesizer units for the production of radiopharmaceuticals
- Under the direction of the cyclotron engineer, responsible for the daily operation and general maintenance of the cyclotron
- Responsible for the daily and weekly operation, cleaning and maintenance of the clean room suites for
- production of radiopharmaceuticals and other products
- Responsible for the quality control testing of incoming materials, drug substances and drug products
- Responsible for routine quality operations including calibration of equipment, environmental monitoring, and inventory of process components
- Adherence to CNSC and GMP regulations by maintaining complete records pertaining to all aspects of
- production, dispensing, quality control and equipment maintenance
- Responsible for understanding and working under the Health Canada GMP requirements for sterile pharmaceuticals and the Annex to the Good Manufacturing Practices Guidelines Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for Positron Emitting Radiopharmaceuticals (PERs)
- Responsible for understanding and working under the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission regulations and radiation protection procedures as outlined in the Hamilton Health Sciences Radioisotope Protection Manual
- Complete all other related duties that support the core activities and mission of the Centre
- College Degree in pharmacy, biotechnology, microbiology or related field
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Microbiology or related field
- 0 – 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in organic synthetic chemistry, radiochemistry and/or radiopharmacy are preferred.
- Experience with cGMP is considered an asset
This position requires rotational nights shifts with starting times that vary from 1:00 am to 6:00 am.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Mr. Christopher Leon, Executive Director
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interview will be contacted.