Visiting the Centre for Probe Development and Commercialization – 905-525-9140 Ext. 21212
From Toronto, Oakville, Burlington
- Travel westbound on the QEW or Highway 407. In Burlington, take Highway 403 to downtown Hamilton.
- Exit Highway 403 at the Main Street West off ramp. At the traffic signal turn left on to Main Street West.
- Continue along Main Street West to Emerson Street and turn right at the Main Street West entrance onto the McMaster campus (by the hospital). Veer left (instead of entering the hospital) and pass the parking kiosk.
- At the stop, turn left. There is one hour parking on the right or you can continue on to park in Guest Parking Lot I on the left. These areas are automated so you will need to take a ticket.
CPDC offices are located in Building #9 – Nuclear Research Building.
There is a pathway between building 16A and 25 across the road from Parking Lot I that will lead you to the Nuclear Research Building (NRB). As you approach NRB, you will see the circular nuclear reactor on your left. Go under the walkway that connects NRB to the reactor and head towards the glass building on your right. This is the new annex for NRB. Enter through the front door, which is located parallel to the roadway.
Take the elevator or staircase, located on your right, to the third floor. Turn left from the landing and go to the end of the hall. Enter through the door to the CPDC reception area.
Alternate starting locations:
From Toronto Airport (Lester B. Pearson International)
- Exit the airport onto Highway 427 South. Exit Highway 427 onto the QEW toward Hamilton.
- Follow detailed directions for coming from Toronto to appropriate campus entrance.
From the Hamilton Airport (John C. Munro International)
- Exit the airport onto Highway 6 north, which connects to Highway 403. Take Highway 403 eastbound (toward Toronto), and exit as described in the directions for coming from Brantford.
From the Niagara Peninsula
- Follow the QEW over the Burlington Skyway Bridge as though going to Toronto. Take Highway 403 toward Hamilton and exit as described in the directions for coming from Toronto.
From Kitchener/Waterloo, Guelph, Cambridge
- Take Highway 401 to Highway 6 South. From Highway 6, exit on Highway 403 toward Hamilton and exit Highway 403 as described in the directions for coming from Toronto.
- From the south Cambridge area, take Highway 8 to Hamilton. Proceed through Dundas along King Street, which becomes Cootes Drive. As you approach McMaster and see an overpass, exit on the right for west campus.
From Brantford and London
- From Brantford and London travel on Highway 403 to the Aberdeen Avenue exit. Turn left at the first traffic signal and proceed along Longwood Road, then turn left onto Main Street West. Follow detailed directions for coming from Toronto to appropriate campus entrance.